WELCOME TO THE PAGE FOR SUBMISSIONS – IF YOU ARE HERE, IT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PIECE THAT IS ALREADY WRITTEN THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT FOR CONSIDERATION.
1. STYLE & VOICE
Before submitting your piece, we encourage you to take a look around the site to get a sense of our style and tone. Of course, every writer is different and we love individuality, but a quick spin around the site will help you gain an understanding of our target audience and topics that frequently pop up.
2. WORD LENGTH
Please aim for a minimum of 600 words in length. (List pieces tend to be a little shorter, and that’s okay!)
3. WE LOVE HUMOR JUST AS MUCH AS WE LOVE GETTING REAL
Just a few clicks around our site will tell you that we can be super silly, but we also care deeply about topics that matter to us – both as millennials, and as women. If your piece is funny, send it on down! If you’re more of a serious gal (or guy – we welcome submissions from men too) who wants to ~preach~ about topics that matter, we want that also.
The following topics are always relevant, and we strongly encourage submissions on these subjects. (Note: we accept submissions on other topics too – but those listed below are often our focus.)
- Fashion (new trends, old trends, career vs leisure, ways to double dip/multitask)
- Beauty (fav products, tutorials, on a budget, etc)
- Travel (on a budget, best of x city, where to go, what to do, etc)
- Feminism (preach it – any think pieces on women’s issues, we want ’em)
- Relationships (guides, advice, personal experiences)
- Entertainment (lists, best of, fun character articles, trending TV/movies, etc)